STEP 1 – Find your new best friend:
- Simply browse all of our available dogs online or visit one of our adoption events to find your new best friend
- Review our adoption requirements below.
- Complete and submit the online adoption application
- Once your application has been received and reviewed, you will be contacted via email or phone. (We understand and appreciate your eagerness, please have patience – we are a 100% volunteer organization.)
- Once approved the foster mom/dad of the dog you’re interested in will get in touch to arrange a private meet and greet in your home, or to meet in a neutral location. We do not meet in dog parks due to the risks.
STEP 2 – Adoption Requirements:
- Yard is securely fenced (adoptions to apartments or condo residents may be approved on a case-by-case basis)
- Households with current pets (dogs/cats) must have a verifiable history of responsible pet ownership including vaccinations, spaying and/or neutering, and monthly preventative medications (flea, tick, heart-worm).
- Special requirements apply to puppy adoption. Requirements vary depending upon the age of the puppy.
- All requirements must be met before you complete the adoption application, with the exception of a provable medical exemption for spay/neuter that is provided by your Veterinarian.
STEP 3 – Approval & Paperwork:
- Once you’re approved and ready to adopt the foster parent of your chosen dog/puppy will get in touch to schedule your meet and greet.
- Be sure to have a leash, crate, bedding and toys ready to go.
- Sign an ADOPTION AGREEMENT online and a link will be emailed to you.
- Pay the adoption fee on our website, Cash App or Venmo. Information will be provided in your approval email.
Current Adoption Fee Schedule:
- Adult Dogs $100
- Puppies $150
- Special Needs/Medical Cases $200
- The Adoption Fee Donation is due on the date of adoption and is non-refundable.
- Your donation helps cover the cost of vaccinations, heartworm tests and treatment, orthopedic surgeries, medications, spays or neuters, dog food & dog supplies
- Friends of the Shelter Foundation spends tens of thousands annually on medical bills to ensure that every dog rescued has the best possible chance for a long, happy, healthy life with their new family